Cordula's Web Legaleze
About this web site
- Cordula's Web is a tribute to our friend and teacher Cordula Philipps. It is an inofficial, unauthorized fan site, that does only reflect our, not necessarily Cordula's opinions, preferences or style.
- Cordula's Web www.cordula.ws content is edited by a team. Please contact us if you have questions or suggestions regarding this site.
- Cordula's Web site is currently hosted in the U.S.A.
- We're neither responsible for the contents of web sites pointed to by external links (which by definition are links pointing out of the site www.cordula.ws) nor do we endorse those contents in any way.
- Use external links at your own risk!
- We have taken every precaution not to link to sites with offensive or illegal content. If you discover such a link, please report it so that we can remove it immediately.
THE CONTENTS OF CORDULA'S WEB www.cordula.ws ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DOMAIN, THIS SITE AND THE PAGES CONTAINED THEREIN DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THOSE CONTENTS INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THESE PERSONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THOSE CONTENTS.
Unless covered by a different copyright, the layout, design, concept and content (texts and pictures alike) of Cordula's Web www.cordula.ws are Copyright © 1997-2011. All rights reserved.
With the exception of texts whose copyrights have expired, and pictures labeled with NOAA, PDPHOTO.ORG, ONMT and USAF, which are believed to be in the public domain (but see below), you are not allowed to reproduce anything from this site without permission from the copyright owner. You are encouraged to link to Cordula's Web from your own pages, but you must not link to individual images or audio files directly without our prior consent.
Cordula's Web contains HTMLized E-texts and poems from Project Gutenberg and other E-text providers. These texts are believed to be in the public domain and you can use them as you feel free. One caveat though: Copyright Laws change all over the world. Be sure get legal counsel for the applicable laws in your country, before posting any of these texts!
While you are free to use public domain texts anyway you like, it would be nice if you added a link to Cordula's Web at www.cordula.ws on your pages if you decided to use the HTML code from this site. This is not a requirement. Even if you didn't take anything from this site, please consider linking to us anyway if you like what you see.
Photos believed to be in the public domain
Pictures labeled with NOAA (all files whose names start with noaa) are slightly enhanced versions of original pictures generously provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's NOAA Photo Library. The original (unmodified) pictures are in the public domain, and can be used under the following conditions.
Pictures labeled with PDPHOTO.ORG (all files whose names start with pdph) are slightly enhanced versions of original pictures generously provided by PD Photo.org. According to that site, the original (unmodified) pictures have been released into the public domain.
Pictures labeled with ONMT (all files whose names start with onmt) are slightly enhanced versions of original photographs provided by the Moroccan National Tourism Administration (Office National Marocain du Tourisme). The original (unmodified) pictures are believed to be in the public domain, since they originate from an official government agency.
Pictures labeled with USAF (all files whose names start with afmil) are slightly enhanced versions of original AF photos provided by the US Air Force. The original (unmodified) pictures are believed to be in the public domain, since they originate from a US Government Agency; however, there may be some restrictions, so you have to double check in case of doubt.
Using our images on websites and blogs
You're welcome to use our images on your website or blog if you stick to all following conditions:
- You must not link to our images directly ("hotlinking"). We can't afford the additional bandwidth. Copy the files over to your server and link to your local copy instead.
- If the image is copyrighted by us, you need to ask permission first before using it on your site.
- Images which are not copyrighted (believed in the public domain, see above) can be used without asking permission. Please note that you'd do so at your own risk. We believe the images are free to use, but, since they're from a third party, we can't and don't give any guarantee, neither direct nor implied, that our assumption regarding the copyright status of those images is correct. Use your own judgment.
- In case of doubt, ask anyway.
- If you use our images, it would be nice if you added a text link back to Cordula's Web like this:
<a href="http://www.cordula.ws/">Cordula's Web</a>
This is neither necessary nor is it required, but it's a nice way to say "Thank you."
Unintentional copyright infringements
We are taking every precaution to respect author's IP rights for all copyrighted content published on Cordula's Web. Copyright owners have either kindly granted permission to reproduce some of their works on this site, or we are making use of the fair use doctrine in our purely educational and strictly non-profit setting. Should we have overlooked any pending copyright, this would have been purely unintentional; moreover, if you, as a copyright owner, believe that we shouldn't have invoked "fair use", please contact us, so that we can immediately remove the offending entry.
We collect no personal information about you when you visit Cordula's Web at www.cordula.ws, unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, the web server hosting this site collects and stores certain informations automatically (as do nearly all web servers on the Internet).
What the web server collects and stores automatically
- DNS name or IP address of the computer from which you accessed Cordula's Web. If you connect through your provider's or any other proxy, that proxy's DNS name or IP address will be recorded instead.
- Date and time you accessed this site.
- exact URL of the page you accessed.
- Browser type you used when accessing this site, if your browser is configured to send this information. Browsers identify themselves with strings like, e.g.:
- "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)",
- "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.5 Safari/533.21.1",
- "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; SCH-I800 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1",
- "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0",
- "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; FreeBSD i386; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0",
- "Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.10.192 Version/11.10".
- Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to Cordula's Web (referral); if your browser is configured to send referrals.
We use the collected information (raw logs) to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on Cordula's Web, and to help make this site more useful to visitors like you.
Informations you send to Google
Since we've updated Google Custom Search Engine (09/14/2011), some informations are now being automatically sent to Google Inc. when you visit our site. The following paragraphs explains under what circumstances your browser is induced to send data to Google.
Of course, every query you submit to Google via our search box is information you willingly send to Google.
If you send us feedback
You can contact us via e-Mail. Your e-Mails remain private (we don't share them, unless when forced by Law), unless it's content that you submit for publication on our site (comments for guestbook, poems, stories, photos, ...)
Links to other sites
to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way
around the laws. -- Plato.